Day two did not produce any results as the race committee had to postpone racing inevitably due to the high winds. The plan was for an 11am start, but after going out and checking the racecourse at 10am the conditions were already too strong for these fragile boats. Everyone was sent ashore until noon when the race was abandoned for the day. The winds reached a steady 28 knots and gusting to 30 knots at some points during the day.
With no more racing for the day, I worked on the boat for a couple hours and made sure it’s race ready for tomorrow. I spent the rest of the afternoon exploring the town and hanging out with good friends. Not a typical race day, but you have to roll with it and enjoy the spare time when you can.
Race committee has announced they want to start racing at 9am and try to get off two races tomorrow, wind is predicted to be around 23 knots.
For more information and results go to: http://www.aclassworldchampionshipsusa2012.com